Click here to register. Registration closes Monday, March 12, 2018.
Training and Exam Location
Charles Houston Recreation Center
901 Wythe Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
NGICP certification requires a high school diploma or equivalent and completion of a GI training course. Detailed information is provided in the below sections.
Exam Training: March 19th – 22nd, 8:00am – 5pm and March 23rd, 8:00am – 11:00am
Exam Date: March 23rd, 12:30pm – 4:15pm
NGICP represents the standard for national certification of green infrastructure (GI) construction, inspection, and maintenance workers. This course prepares participants to demonstrate their competency in in the following green infrastructure areas:
- bioretention (rain gardens, bioretention cells, curb extensions/bulb-outs, bioswales, stormwater planters),
- rainwater harvesting (rain barrels and cisterns),
- permeable pavements (porous concrete, pervious asphalt and permeable pavers),
- green roofs and blue roofs,
- dry wells and stormwater wetlands.
Fee for this workshop and exam is $700 ($500 covers the workshop and $200 covers the exam.) Lunch is included.
The exam is currently administered as a paper-and-pencil test. Results are usually available within 30 days.
To view a list of credentialed individuals, click here.