Why participate in the NGICP?
NGICP is being built by a coalition of stormwater leaders from across the country. These program founders welcome your input to help them design a flexible program that can meet the needs of a wide variety of different GI programs.
The NGICP components include:
- A robust certification program governance structure (oversight body, program policies, and procedures)
- A national job analysis that defines the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed by individual workers for GI construction, inspection, and maintenance
- A library/body of knowledge assembled to specifically provide resources to support the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed by GI construction, inspection, and maintenance workers
- A national curriculum developed to support the transfer of knowledge, skills, and abilities to GI construction, inspection, and maintenance workers
- A set of training slides and speaker notes that support the national curriculum
- The certification exam after the national program rollout occurs
Opportunities for involvement
- Input to the NGICP Strategic Advisory Group (SAG) to help in developing the program’s vision
- The opportunity to have local candidates apply for certification after the NGICP national rollout occurs
- The ability to nominate subject matter experts to participate in future updates of the body of knowledge, curriculum, and job task analysis
- Other opportunities through the WEF Stormwater Institute