NGICP Governance has established three permanent bodies to govern all aspects of the NGICP to deliver the Green Infrastructure Practioner (GIP) certification. They are:
Strategic Advisory Council (SAC)
- Reports to the WEF Board
- Oversees the business strategy and scheme strategy
- Responsibilities include business strategy, promotion, advocacy, fiduciary and fundraising.
- SAC members can serve on WEF Board and cannot serve on the certification council or technical advisory groups or other scheme activities.
- Staff Liaison: Director, NGICP
Certification Committee (CC)
- Reports to the SAC
- Oversees scheme strategy
- Responsibilities that include maintenance of the certification scheme and to develop and maintain valid, legally defensible, and credible certification examinations in accordance with the latest approved policies and procedures.
- CC members can serve on the TAG and cannot serve on the SAC or WEF Board.
- Staff Liaison: Certification Manager, NGICP
Technical Advisory Group (TAG)
- Reports to the CC and functions as a subcommittee to the CC
- Oversees the technical components of the program
- Responsible for certification scheme tasks assigned by the CC, such as development and maintenance of certification testing.
- TAG members can serve on the CC and cannot serve on the SAG or WEF Board.
- Staff Liaison: Program Manager, NGICP